Nelly Furtado | New album details [i-D interview]

Nelly Furtado - 6th album
Title: The Ride
Release Date: March 2017
Below you can read a summary of all the things Nelly told to i-D about her upcoming new album, The Ride.

  • "The Ride" - produced in Dallas, Texas - drops in March 2017.
  • Nelly Furtado's new album is still pop, but weirder.
  • "The Ride" doesn't have a nostalgic feel, that's why Nelly put "Behind Your Back" out first, becuase it doesn't really fit anything that's on the actual album. Though the song is on the deluxe version of the album. "I think it's almost like a throwback track for me because it sounds a little bit like what I did in the beginning of my career", says Nelly about "Behind Your Back".
  • John Congleton produced the entire record.
  • "Flatlines" is a new song which will be included on the album.
  • "I would call the sound of the album modern pop-alternative. I write pop melodies, I've always written pop melodies. But John forces me to dig a little deeper and make sure that I'm coming correct with the lyrics. I was also in a really cool phase in my life where I was going through a difficult time of transition and that helped lyrically. I just had so much to write about. I think I grew as a songwriter in this album", Nelly said.
  • As Nelly said it before "no features at all". There will be any collaboration on the new album.
Read the full interview HERE

_______________________

"Islands Of Me" - released on September, 9 - is a new song which will be included on the deluxe version of the new album. Listen it:
Previous
Next Post »
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment